Some of the most popular dental topics discussed in San Marcos CA and Carlsbad relate to cosmetic dentistry, such as teeth whitening, veneers, and dental implants. However, the desire to avoid cavities is still the main reason Escondido and Oceanside residents visit their dentists, so today the Carlsbad dental blog is going to highlight the 5 things you need to know about cavities.
1. Cavities can also be called caries or tooth decay. When a tooth is permanently damaged in the hard surface, tiny openings occur. These little holes are cavities.
2. Factors that contribute to tooth decay are:
Consuming sugary beverages
Poor dental hygiene
3. Cavities may get so bad that you will see pits or holes in your teeth, but symptoms may be more subtle, such as sensitivity, pain when biting, or a toothache. If you experience any of these symptoms, you should call your San Marcos CA, Escondido, or Oceanside dentist today for an appointment.
4. Cavities are more common among children, but that doesn’t mean adults don’t have to take precautions.
5. Avoiding cavities is simple. Be sure to brush twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste, floss daily, eat right and avoid snacking, and have regular visits with your dentist.
If you are in the market for quality dental care in the Carlsbad area, give La Costa Dental Excellence a call. We have been treating dental patients in and around Encinitas since 1988. We can also answer any questions you have about cosmetic dentistry procedures such as gum contouring and smile makeovers.
Contact La Costa Dental Excellence:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):