Today, we’d like to discuss 5 important facts about restorative dentistry. If you should need a dental implant or dentures, please contact us at 760-633-3033 to schedule a consultation.
1. Dentures are not the only replacement choice for missing teeth. Dental implants used alone or in combination with a partial denture is often a superior option for patients. Whereas a removable appliance replaces only the visible parts of teeth, an implant replaces both the root and crown of a tooth. This has important implications. Dental implants can prohibit bone recession that ordinarily occurs following tooth extractions. Dental implants can provide patients the near-normal ability to chew food and speak.
2. There are more than one type of dentures in Carlsbad. Most individuals are familiar with the removable denture that replaces a complete upper or lower arch. There are also partial dentures that are used for patients who have some existing teeth. Partial dentures in Carlsbad can be fixed in the mouth or removable.
3. Even if you have worn dentures for a while, you may be a well-suited candidate for implant-anchored dentures. The essential factor is whether or not you have enough bone to support an implant. Bone grafting can augment bone in some cases. Schedule an appointment with Drs. Stephen and Kimberly Dankworth to find out if you are an appropriate candidate.
4. Regardless of your tooth replacement configuration—full dentures, partial dentures, or tooth implants—you still need to practice appropriate oral hygiene. Removable appliances should be cleaned daily.
5. Even if you have no natural teeth left, it’s indispensable that you have a bi-annual dental examination. Optimal oral health is a vital component of overall physical well-being. Our team will examine your mouth for indications of diseases like cancer, heart disease, kidney disease, and diabetes. It is also a good idea for your dentist to examine the condition of your appliance at your visit.
If you have more questions about restorative dentistry or dentures in Carlsbad, call us and we’ll schedule you for a pressure-free consultation!
Contact La Costa Dental Excellence:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
7730 Rancho Santa Fe Rd Ste 106