Hi. We’re Doctors Stephen and Kimberly Dankworth. When our patients get mouth sores, we guide them to evaluate what they’re eating and make some changes. By following these tips, you too can avoid the discomfort of eating and help to increase the speed of healing.
1. Eat soft or pureed foods. Don’t worry, you won’t have to eat baby food—plenty of adult dishes fit the bill:
2. Keep your meals bland for a while. I know it’s humdrum, but watch out for overly spicy, tart, salty or acidic foods while you have a mouth sore.
3. Also, keep it cool. Only eat foods served at room temperature or chilled.
4. Use a straw so that whatever you are drinking can bypass the mouth sore altogether.
5. Try to moisten dry foods. You can add sauces, dressings, and gravies to your meals.
We hope that these suggestions will help you the next time you suffer from a mouth sore. If you are looking for a dentist in the Encinitas area, consider our practice, La Costa Dental Excellence. We have been serving Carlsbad since 1988.
Contact La Costa Dental Excellence:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
7730 Rancho Santa Fe Rd Ste 106