You may be surprised at how many elements your cosmetic dentist takes into consideration when planning for a smile transformation. Here are a few of the most obvious fundamentals:
- Tooth Color: shade, brightness, uniformity
- Tooth alignment: straight or crooked?
- Tooth size and proportions: are some teeth much larger or smaller than the rest?
- Tooth spacing: is there crowding or big gaps between teeth?
- Gumline margins: how much gum shows when you smile?
Our experienced team also takes into consideration:
- The amount of teeth that show when the mouth is at rest
- The relationship of the smile line and the lip line
- Zenith points: the highest point of the gumline in relation to the center of the tooth
- Midline placement: the smile should be centered in the middle of the lips, mouth, and face
- Mesial inclination: the tops of the teeth should angle slightly away from the midline
Without this kind of precise planning, the smile may look “off,” or the function of the teeth and jaw could be affected. We’ll take the time to create an individual treatment plan with you and listen to your concerns. If you are contemplating a smile redesign call La Costa Dental Excellence today to schedule an informative consultation. Our services include general dentistry, family dentistry and cosmetic dentistry, including dental implants, porcelain veneers and teeth whitening.
Contact La Costa Dental Excellence: 760-633-3033
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):